Oh my gosh it is so humid today! So I've decided to write a little story of my first experience with humidity. This will help those that don't understand the concept of humid weather.
Once upon a time...
I was about 10, and my cousin was getting married. I lived in Utah at the time and she was getting married in Virginia so my family flew out to see the wedding. We stayed at my Aunt's for a couple of days before going to Williamsburg where the wedding was to take place. My aunt had my sisters and I sleep on air mattresses in the basement. Now the house was always kept cool, but the basement was the coolest place of all. It's a great place to sleep on hot summer nights.
Anyway, my sisters and I went to bed the first night and slept really well, but I woke up the next morning and my pants were all wet. "Oh my gosh," I thought. "I peed my pants!" How embarrassing is that, right? I'm 10 years old for Pete's sake.
So I rush to the bathroom only to find that I hadn't peed my pants, which left me even more confused. Why was I so wet? And this happened to me every morning. I would panic, run to the bathroom, and continue to find that I hadn't wet the bed.
Only years later did I come to understand that this wet sensation was the effect of humidity. It probably didn't help that I was wearing fleece pajamas, but that's beside the point. So if you didn't know before, you now can understand what humidity is like. It is this wet, stickiness that is constantly in the air that makes you sweat even when you're just relaxing.
Fun stuff...
No comments:
Post a Comment