I love color. I believe the first thing that you should do when you move into a new home is paint the walls. There is no better feeling than covering a boring wall with a color that will make you smile every time you enter the room. All the houses that I have ever lived in had colorful walls. The house that I lived in in Utah was full of color. I recently visited this house and found that the lady who now owns it painted the entire first floor white. It made me want to cry. She also took down all of our curtains and hung up granny curtains. I was disgusted.
My love of color doesn't stop with the walls. I love the colors of a city, especially an older one. Take Lancaster for example. Today I was walking around downtown Lancaster and I noticed all the wonderful colors. The red bricks, the green trees, the dark purple window shutters, and a gold church steeple. I was filled with peace as I walked down the street noticing all the color.
Color not only brings me peace, but it also brings me an overwhelming sense of excitement. Have you ever opened a new box of crayons? Or bought a pack of colorful Sharpies? I get so excited whenever I have the opportunity to do those things. I get even more excited when I buy a pair of colorful converse. I recently got myself some yellow converse... looking at my feet is like looking at sunshine.
Even our feelings are described best by color. While I am a huge supporter of Mac computers, the Dell company had an amazing commercial for their colorful computers. The song in the commercial is called "Colors" by Kira Willey. It's a beautiful song that shows the expressive abilities of color.
And to end my color rampage I have to say that the best color in the world is RED!

And even though you love red..who do you cheer for?? Haha you are awesome.
ReplyDeleteGO COUGARS!!
So I was at the store the other day and I saw your yellow converse, and seriously laughed to myself. They really do make you very happy!!
ReplyDeleteI love you Liz! I'm so happy you entered the blogging world!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteyes erin... i will always cheer for byu.
ReplyDeleteerin, tim, jana... become followers of my blog please. it makes me so happy every time i see that i have a new follower.
I love this. and you.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am becoming a follower....riiiggghhhtt....now!
Yay for blogs!
Liz you are the coolest sister in the world and I am so glad that you are blogging your feelings!
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha! Cheezy comment.
But seiriously, now I don't have to hear your comments over the phone and waist our precious minutes. I don't want to go over!
Love you!
Hannah Young
So, my friend went to a country wedding where the bride wore white converse and the bridesmaids wore yellow converse. i'll have to send you a copy of the photo. i love it!
ReplyDelete