Today I was talking to some friends when I recognized, not for the first time, that I don't have a lot of secrets. I am a keeper of other people's secrets, but I don't have a lot of my own. If you know me, you pretty much know all of me. There are some people who know me better than others, but if you were to ask I'm not afraid to talk about my life story. In fact, you probably won't even have to ask because I probably will tell you before you're even ready. However, no matter how many people I have told my life story to, there will always be those few who know a little more about me than anyone else. These people include, but are not limited to my family, Jadyn, Jayk, Melany, Amber, Joni, Billy, and a few more. Not only do they know a little bit more than everyone else, but they are understanding and are the people I first seek out when I have a problem (and there are times when they will hear the same problem over and over again as I try to figure myself out. Sorry about that guys).
I was contemplating if this "no secret" trait is a good or a bad quality about myself. I've decided that it's good, but it does make me more vulnerable and apt to being hurt. Overall, though, I think it's worth it because I become closer to more individuals as I self consciously open up to them. I already feel really close to a lot of people on this London program, partly because I've already told them about my recent struggles. Whether they feel closer to me or not is a completely different matter. I like to assume that they do... hahaha. But I want to give special thanks to Nikki, Sarah, Andrew, and Ben who have to hear my issues all the time. Apparently I talk about them more about my issues than I realize, which is pretty funny.
Anyway, for reading that blog post I am rewarding you with a few pictures from my journey thus far. They aren't super recent, but it's better than nothing...
 |
| Westminster Bridge |
 |
| Big Ben... in the palm of my hand. I don't care how unoriginal it is. |
 |
| Portobello Road, one of my most favorite places. Of course, I sang the song... |
 |
| A cool old Bible from Portobello Road. |
 |
| Nikki's singing in the rain pose. |
 |
Cool houses near Portobello road (see blog post on how much I love color).
|
 |
| Classic... |
 |
| Buckingham Palace |
 |
The guard, which you can't even get close to so I don't know
what all those movies are even about... |
 |
| Les Miserables |
 |
| A view from the tube... |
 |
| a few from the bus... |
 |
| And a view from the top of St. Paul's. |
bangerang griz. love you!
ReplyDeleteStill jealous that you're living in London. Keep living it up! I love the pictures! Cheers!
ReplyDeleteI love this. Miss you!
ReplyDelete