So, I go through bouts of really missing my mom and tonight contained one of those bouts. So I made my roommate listen to "Love is like a Butterfly" by Dolly Parton with me. I love this song. When I live at home and my dad has a late night at work I sit with my mom's bed, half heartedly fold clothes with her, and watch an episode of Hee Haw. I bet you wish you were us. Anyway, Dolly was the guest artist on this particular episode we watched and she sang the song mentioned above. It's wonderful... and we watched it 3 or 4 times in a row. Guess what mom! Ally now loves the song too. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate. She loves our music!
So after Ally and I watched this video 3-ish times in a row I showed her "Well May the World Go" by Pete Seeger, another wonderful song my mom and I love. So I am declaring today a "Two songs of the Day" day. You should listen to both of them. They are everything that is wonderful and joyous.
I miss and love you mom!
(Dad and sisters... I miss and love you guys too)
I miss your mom too! And everybody else.
ReplyDelete