Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Stream of Consciousness

In one of my English classes we were assigned a Stream of Consciousness assignment.  Modernist writers would sometimes write in stream of consciousness, which basically means they write a person's thought process (which is always jumbled and sporadic).  I felt pretty proud of mine, and wanted to share.  Here it is:

Facebook.com.  Email.  Password…  two notifications… nothing exciting.  News feed.  Lindsey supports gay marriage.  Cool, we have that in common.  Mackenzie changed her profile picture.  So did Rachel.  They are the same picture.  Woah… everyone’s changing their profile picture.  Is today some sort of gay rights day?  New tab, www.google.com.  Search: “What’s special about today?”  Beethoven died today?  Interesting.  New google search: “Today and gay rights.”  News article, “Supreme Court justices question gay marriage bans.”  Man, I am so out of the loop on current events.  Back to facebook… should I change my profile picture?  I’m pretty sure I support this cause.  Is that bad?  Is there a facebook picture for people against same sex marriage?  I wouldn’t use it, but I wonder if there is one.  Facebook.  Michelle’s conservative… nope, her picture is of her.  Chris… his picture is of him. I really don’t like Chris.  He thinks he’s God’s gift to women, but he’s not… skeeze.  Joy left the church??  I guess I’m not surprised.  Why do people feel they need to leave the church if they support gay marriage?  I support gay marriage, and I’m not leaving the church.  I kind of want to turn this assignment into a blog post.  Probably shouldn’t.  Hmmm… Where’s my ipod?  I want to play Tiny Wings.  No, Liz, do your homework.  Should I be an RA?  Ugh… life is hard.  Too many decisions.  Hashtag: first world problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment