Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Globe, and a Cute Welsh Man...

So tonight may have been the best night I've had here in London, and I've had a lot of great nights.  The evening started out in queue to be a groundling at the Globe Theatre.  We (Nikki, Andrew, Ben, Katie, and I) were the second group in line, and we got there two hours early so we could stand right next to and lean on the stage.  The show was Henry IV.  Let me just say that being a groundling for this show was AWESOME!  At the Globe the actors are really interactive with the audiences and Hal (the future Henry V) high-fived me.  The show was hilarious and I can't wait for part 2.

Then we got on the tube, and for those of you who haven't been on the tube before it's a quiet place.  No one really talks to each other, and for once I wasn't talking to anyone.  Then I heard this guy singing a ballad, which really drew some attention on the quiet train, and I looked and smiled, and the man in his mid twenties sang the rest of the ballad right to me!  When he was done he announced, "The girl in the red coat liked it.  You must be Welsh.  Are you Welsh?"  I responded that I wasn't and he said that I must have some welsh in me since I enjoyed that song so much.  Shortly after we pulled into Tottenham Court and he caught my eye and waved goodbye.  Then as he passed my window he quick ran up and pressed his lips to the glass, and I kissed him back right through the tube window.  Tonight I kissed a welsh man.  I LOVE LONDON!

6 comments:

  1. I love that you're in London! Let's skype soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, i miss you alyssa! how's school this semester? skyping sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great! Maybe we should email to set up a skyping time? as well as catch up - I want to hear about all your adventures! My email address is alyssa_aramaki@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest...you truly are living the dream. I couldn't be prouder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha!! great story, liz! i wish i was in london...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish you were in london too danniey!

    ReplyDelete